Museum of Litter encourages you: Pick up Litter. Make Art from Litter.
The Museum of Litter encourages you not only to pick up litter, but to make art from it. If it doesn't biodegrade, make art out of it. And share it .
WHY make art from litter?
- You'll be cleaning up the environment.
- You're educating observers - making people think about of the issue of litter
- You can make an artistic statement about litter-prevention.
- Art supplies are FREE (bonus for funding-deprived art teachers, summer camp counselors
- Great summer craft activity
- You'll be getting fresh air and exercising
- You're being creative
- You're saving wildlife. The birds, fish and turtles will thank you (for removing items they would ingest, but not digest, therefore killing them).
Here's a few pieces of art we've made from litter:
Black Angel of Litter
Media: Mascara Tube, Battery, Shoe Sole, Misc plastics, hair band, foam ear pad
Goddess of Litter
Media: KFC Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket as necklace, styrofoam (from cooler) in water, netting, ribbons (left on beach after Easter) misc plastic, hair barrette, Acrylic, Tissue, Pencil, sand.
Left: The Florida Keys
Media: Found keys and compass on Canvas with acrylic
Angel of Green #13
Media: Cigarette Butts, Bottle Cap, Acrylic on Recycled Mat board, Recycled Framing and Recycled Museum Glass.
If you'd like to learn to make an Angel of Litter like the one above, click here:
Please be sure to share your creations with us. We'd love to see the difference you're making in your community and the environment. We invite you to: